Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My little Heroes

My kids are blowing me away in the "living life" category.  I think they've done more in 10 years than I did in 30.

We went skiing last week, and I was blown away by how well the girls are skiing now.  I was zipping down the mountain fast as I could, and still could barely keep up with them.  We both learned at the same time, about 4 years ago, and now they are smoking me on the slopes.

That makes me more proud than when I accomplish something.  I used to think it terrible when parents lived vicariously through their kids, but I can see why.  Your kids ARE an accomplishment, and when they succeed, you have too.  (of course, the caveot is when people ONLY experience life through their kids - big no no in my book).

I have a lot of personal heroes - My parents, Abe Lincoln, Paul Bunyan.... but my kids are all top of the list.

check out http://www.mredie.com/ for a post about the heroes that are everywhere in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment